Job no: 497221
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Claims & Policy Administration
World Nomads Group is a company that is transforming the way we think about travel insurance. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experience, to encourage everyone to travel smarter, travel safer, we take care of the what if’s so our customers can focus on the fun.
We are a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. Customer Experience is a key area in which we actively seek to make a more meaningful and deeper connection with our customers. As such, we are currently looking for multiple Claim Officers to join our Complex Claims team based out of our exciting new Sydney CBD office. An opportunity currently exists for permanent full time position.
What you'll do
- Proactively manage the travel claims process in complex, large loss, long term & sensitive claims
- Liaise with policy holders and third parties e.g. Assessor/Investigators/Assistance Companies
- Gather and compile supporting documentation required for assessment of travel claims as per the General Insurance Code of Practice
- Read & interpret medical reports
- Processing claims from lodgement to finalisation within Code of Practice timeframes, and Key Performance indicators
- Offer excellent customer service by effectively communicating and corresponding with all stakeholders (written and verbal)
- Maintain consistency of appropriate file management as per outline provided by Quality Assurance team
- Build rapport with customers via verbal and written correspondence, and handle sensitive claims.
- Previous experience in a similar high volume claims environment and resilience to working under pressure
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Insurance Contracts Act and the General Insurance Code of Practice
- Tech savvy and proficient in the use of Microsoft suite.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and a keen eye for fraud detection.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to work with claims of a sensitive/complex nature.
Why you should pack your bags and come work with us!
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organisation that embraces change and is constantly innovating to challenge the status quo. World Nomad Group also offers excellent employee benefits such as
- Free travel Insurance
- Discounted health insurance with nib
- Discounts with travel partners
- Health and Wellness programs
- Career opportunities
If this role sounds like you, apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter telling us a little more about you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend