Senior BI Developer
Job no: 494698
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Information Technology
World Nomads Group
World Nomads Group is a company that is transforming the way we think about travel insurance. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experience, to encourage everyone to travel smarter, travel safer, we take care of the what if’s so our customers can focus on the fun.
We are a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. As we develop markets globally, we are looking to build teams with high concentrations of talent. Customer Experience is a key area in which we actively seek to make a more meaningful and deeper connection with our customers. At World Nomads Group, we take Customer Satisfaction and Resolution very seriously, continuously improving our ability to help our customers get the best out of their travels.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of SQL server applications / AWS Data products and Tableau reporting assets. This may cover gathering business requirements .and develop enhancements to address / minimise support issues
- Key program resource responsible for the migration of SQL based data warehouse to AWS cloud platform.
- Ability to generate ad-hoc solutions to immediate small business questions. Using tools such as T-SQL, Excel
- As a member of the Management information team, you will develop and deliver business intelligence solutions and ongoing development and maintenance of the data warehouse
- Maintain BI Data specification document templates and the Wiki
- Contribute to the solution design and architecture of the data warehouse to improve its capacity for delivering effective business intelligence to the organisation
- Identify ways of improving information delivery, data capture design and business process through the provision of technical solutions. Ensure the accuracy, consistency and quality of WNG’s corporate data warehouse.
Technical/professional knowledge and experience
- Minimum five years' experience in data warehousing/business intelligence covering Cubes, ETL's, Reporting, Dashboards and analytics working in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of database and data warehouse architecture and implementation
- Minimum of twelve months AWS data warehouse experience
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
- A well-stocked kitchen with delicious Nespresso coffee, fancy teas and fresh fruit days.
- A friendly, supportive working environment led by travel-obsessed leaders!
If you feel your skills and expertise match this position apply immediately, alternatively email me your resume - email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend