Job no: 494671
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Information Technology
About World Nomads Group
At World Nomads Group, we love to travel, and we're here to help our customers every step of the way on their adventures away from home. As part of the nib group, we operate and run some of the biggest brands in travel insurance and services, catering to a whole range of travellers, both young and old. We love to travel, and we're there to help our customers every step of the way on their adventures away from home, working together to create amazing experiences for our customers.
About our team
You’ll be working within a department of 35 other tech. professionals, delivering products to a global audience. This role would see you situated in a small Agile team at times working with some of our newest technology and at other times helping service our existing business critical legacy applications.
We apply continuous integration and delivery and are heading towards maintaining our infrastructure in a similar way. We are targeting completely automated downtime-less releases.
We aren’t just driven by the technology. We honestly care about each other and get a kick out of working together to solve complex problems. We are a diverse and friendly bunch and we rally behind each other when times get tough.
We prioritise learning and development over judgment. We appreciate that people and systems are an evolution and strive for continuous improvement. We care about work/life balance and understand the value of flexible working arrangements.
We believe in science! We are trying to build a culture of hypothesis, experimentation, measuring, failing fast or proving success, adapting and sharing our learnings.
What we’re looking for
- Competency with C#, MVC, SQL, HTML and source control systems
- Awareness of different ways to develop, test, debug, deploy and monitor web applications
- Practical knowledge of test-driven practices, unit testing and mocking frameworks, development best practices, maintainability, performance and product quality
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-functional, Agile environment
- You are thought of as reliable and a great team player and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You aren’t scared to make mistakes but take pride in always trying your best
You’ll stand out if you have
- 1+ years of experience with practical knowledge in .net MVC, C#, or similar
- Any exposure to cloud based micro services on platforms such as AWS or Azure
To make sure you stand out from the masses, we’d like to see an example of your work:
- Commit a solution you’re particularly proud of to Github
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request our coding exercise
There’s no time limit or deadlines. Create something you’re proud of, push it to Github and then include it with your application
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend