Job no: 494635
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Account Management, Actuary, Administration & Support, Business Analysis & Intelligence, Business Development, Claims & Policy Administration, Contact Centre & Customer Service, Executive, Finance, Graduate, Healthcare & Medical, Hospitality & Tourism, Human Resources & Learning & Development, Legal/Risk & Compliance, Loss Prevention & Provider Liaison, Management, Marketing & Communications, Procurement, Product, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Retail, Sales, Senior Management, Underwriting, Work, Health & Safety
World Nomads Group
World Nomads Group is a company that is transforming the way we think about travel insurance. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experience, to encourage everyone to travel smarter, travel safer, we take care of the what if’s so our customers can focus on the fun.
We are a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. As we develop markets globally, we are looking to build teams with high concentrations of talent.
What you will do and Why
Be recognised as a trusted commercial partner, leading commercial and contractual negotiations with external parties on behalf of various internal stakeholders and providing ad-hoc support in assessing business development opportunities across the Group.
Reporting to the GM - International, the work for this position will span all areas of the company’s international expansion plans and will suit someone who is looking for that next challenge and step up with an opportunity to gain broad exposure and experience.
The successful candidate must possess strong commercial acumen, have external and internal stakeholder management experience, and have the ability to effectively manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects across geographic and organisational boundaries.
1. Lead commercial and contractual negotiations across the Group
- Negotiate and assist in the preparation of key commercial agreements with third parties on behalf of various internal stakeholders
- Oversee financial evaluation of these key commercial opportunities
- Identify and assess key risks within agreements and understand the legal framework within respective jurisdiction/s to ensure compliance with group policies and regulatory conditions
- Establish appropriate process and governance around key commercial agreements in preparation for hand over to business units to manage
2. Support evaluation of business development opportunities
- Support the evaluation of business development opportunities, key strategic projects and business improvement initiatives with high quality research and analysis, financial modelling and commercial insights for the international team and key stakeholders within the company
- Maintain flexibility in the role to assist the business unit with new (at times ad-hoc) tasks and responsibilities
- Contract negotiation (intermediate)
- Project management (intermediate)
- Relationship/stakeholder management (intermediate)
- Research and analysis (intermediate)
- Be a “Traveller at Heart”
- Be a team player and able to interact effectively with the senior management team
- Ability to solve complex problems through logical analysis and eagerness to dig deeper
- Strong communication, collaboration and execution skills
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
- A well-stocked kitchen with delicious Nespresso coffee, fancy teas and fresh fruit days.
- A friendly, supportive working environment led by travel-obsessed leaders!
If this position matches your skills and experience - Apply today! Alternatively email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend