Senior Actuarial Analyst
Job no: 494615
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
World Nomads Group
World Nomads Group is a company that is transforming the way we think about travel insurance. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experience, to encourage everyone to travel smarter, travel safer, we take care of the what if’s so our customers can focus on the fun.
We are a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. As we develop markets globally, we are looking to build teams with high concentrations of talent. Customer Experience is a key area in which we actively seek to make a more meaningful and deeper connection with our customers. At World Nomads Group, we take Customer Satisfaction and Resolution very seriously, continuously improving our ability to help our customers get the best out of their travels.
This is an opportunity to work with our Senior Actuary in the day -to-day operation achieving the target underwriting performance and sales.
What you will be doing:
- Preparation and data manipulation tasks that enable modelling, analysis, monitoring and/or reporting components of the pricing process;
- Reconcile the data from various sources;
- Analyse sales, claims and expenses data at a portfolio and partner level;
- Facilitate the pricing implementation process by generating pricing engine load files and managing tasks required from the internal IT department;
- Development and maintenance of monitoring reports that assess the financial health of the portfolio;
- Provide assistance to internal clients with data analysis and interpretation;
- Provide pricing analysis to suppdata:text/mce-internal,sOverview,implementation%20ort the development of new products
- Management of adhoc inquiries or initiatives
Technical/professional knowledge and experience
- Travel insurance industry experience is desirable and/or personal lines insurance experience
- Knowledge of the application of all standard actuarial techniques used in general insurance
- Ability to analyse, interpret and extrapolate data from a number of sources and resolve complex issue.
- Must be flexible on tools and good with technical skills (Eg. Excel, VBA, SQL and SAS)
- Studying towards Fellowship of the Institute of Actuaries
- Bachelor´s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial studies preferred
- This opportunity is open to Graduates - However you need to supply your transcripts upon application
You will Love:
- Solving complex analytical problems
- Communicating verbally and in writing complicated concepts in a simple, professional manner.
- Gaining credibility and trust among peers and management alike through the production of high quality work and effective communication;
- Finding answers to business problems by establishing effective relationships across the organisation
Apply today - If a Graduate Remember you need to submit transcripts also.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend