Job no: 494556
Work type: Full-time (Permanent)
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Claims & Policy Administration, Contact Centre & Customer Service
Who are we?
World Nomads Group, a subsidiary of nib, is a specialist travel insurance business. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are a travel insurance company… but we don't wear blue suits or ties. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
What you’ll be doing
Firstly, this is a full-time role. You will get to have an impact on the lives of our travellers providing quality customer service through efficient claims handling. You will be responsible for managing the travel claims process within your delegated authority, processing the claims from lodgement to finalisation within the timeframes stipulated by the Code of Practice. You will be comfortable to challenge the status quo by thinking laterally and be eager to share your suggestions on how we can improve things.
You’ll come into an environment that is fun; there are lots of laughs and personalities from all walks of life. If you’re likely to consider the role of Claims Officer at World Nomads Group, here’s a checklist to help you work out if the role is right for you:
You most definitely
- Love travel – every single bit of it – and feel passionate about how it changes people’s lives
- Have strong decision-making and conflict management skills
- Ability to learn financial conditions in the insurance market and medical terminology including ability to learn to read and interpret medical reports
- Ideally, you’ll have travel insurance experience in claims or underwriting
- Pursue everything with passion and get stuff done
- Love your work
- Know that people love working with you. Oh, and you really love to travel.
- Remain calm and flexible during busy times.
- Enjoy working in an environment where any weird and wonderful ideas to support travellers will be heard.
- Are a pretty all-round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly, occasionally breakdancing type of travelling human being
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
If this sounds like your dream job, why not drop us your CV and tell us a story.
nib is an is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend