Management Accountant - Cork, Ireland
Job no: 494495
Work type: Full-time
Location: Ireland - Cork
Categories: Accounting & Finance, Finance
Who are we?
World Nomads Group (WNG), a subsidiary of nib Holdings, is a specialist travel insurance business with its head office in Sydney, Australia and local offices in Europe, Asia and North America – and expanding. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance, but we pride ourselves on being unconventional. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
What we are looking for... is it you?
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Management Accountant who has experience within insurance in a commercial environment to provide support to the business in managing the performance and preparation of reporting requirements as needed. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position will be based in our new Cork office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop collaborative working relationships with business unit managers
- Regularly liaise with staff throughout the business, to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the relevant business units
- Guide business unit managers through preparation of the annual budget and the process of updating the forecast monthly
- Confidently challenge and scrutinise budget/forecast assumptions made by business unit managers, to ensure the budget/forecast figures presented to senior management can be relied upon
- Responsibility for preparing the consolidated budget/forecast figures presented to senior management can be relied upon
- Responsibility for preparing the consolidated budget/forecast and associated commentary (where required)
- Provide analysis of a variety of types of data including business case evaluation, risk assessment and review of the financial implications of potential new projects/services/markets
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and/or cost saving initiatives across all business areas
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts, for all relevant companies
- Participate in the half-year and annual external audit process, as well as periodic internal audits
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
Here’s a checklist to help you work out if this role is right for you…
You most definitely:
- Are Qualified as a Management Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 4-5 years Management Accounting experience
- Have had previous exposure to international currency management
- Enjoy developing and maintaining month-end overhead controlling reports as well as driving the budgeting, forecasting and costing activities in Ireland
- Have strong communication and influencing skills to convince people your ideas are awesome
- Have online tech and/or insurance industry experience; desirable but not essential
- Love travel – every single bit of it - and feel passionately about how it changes people’s lives
- Work effectively to achieve goals, targets and results, set challenging goals for self, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Have exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed
- Will be flexible – the work hours are 8:30am-5:30pm but some later or earlier hours will be required to accommodate team calls with colleagues based overseas
- Enjoy being a proactive self-starter with a desire to learn, innovative inquisitive mindset & ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Can work in a fluid, test and learn, entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Are an all-round fun, engaging, respectful, worldly travelling human being.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with your resume and be sure to tell us a story about your travels.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
World Nomads Group are an equal opportunities employer
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend