Financial Controller - Cork, Ireland
Job no: 494476
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Accounting & Finance, Finance
Who are we?
World Nomads Group (WNG), a subsidiary of nib Holdings, is a specialist travel insurance business with its head office in Sydney, Australia and local offices in Europe, Asia and North America – and expanding. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance, but we pride ourselves on being unconventional. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
What we are looking for... is it you?
We are on the lookout for a figure-loving, number-crunching Financial Controller who will be based in our new Cork office. They will be responsible for leading and managing the principal financial functions of the Finance team in Ireland as part of the Global team and provide both leadership and support to the executive and management team members on financial matters in this newly formed business. This is a great role for someone who is looking to fast track their career in an entrepreneurial environment.
What you will be doing:
Your work will revolve around (but not be limited to) the following areas: Financial Management, Corporate Governance and Statutory Compliance, External and Internal Relationship Management, Financial Systems Management and Staff Management.
A bit more about these:
- Manage business profitability through the completion of budgeting, forecasting and adhoc reporting as required
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to the Group
- Assist the MDs and Boards in maintaining the optimal capital structure
- Coordinate the management of all the direct and indirect taxation matters
Corporate Governance and Statutory Compliance
- Completion and coordination of local reporting requirements
- Key point of contact for any accounting and compliance issues related to the entities you manage
- Provide certification on the fairness of financial statements and the adequacy of the policies and procedures in place about management of risk, and internal controls as required
- Co-ordinate, implement and maintain risk management and compliance systems and liaise with regulatory bodies where required
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal global stakeholders including Tax, Treasury and Legal to mitigate risk to the enterprise
External and Internal Relationship Management
- Represent the Group in dealings with accountants, advisors, auditors, lawyers and others
- Provide financial advice and input to the various partners
- Ensure that payroll and other services are completed by the shared service function and as a result that they are meeting their SLAs and providing sound financial management
Financial Systems Management
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place to provide for accurate recording and reporting of income, expense and all financial related data
- Ensure data feeds from operating systems are accurately reflected in the GL
- Manage data discrepancies
- Manage staff performance where required
- Be actively involved in the recruitment and selection of financial employees where required
Here is a checklist to help you work out if this role is right for you:
You most definitely:
- Are a Qualified Chartered Accountant, with a minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience working in a Senior Finance Manager or Financial Controller role
- Are Big4 trained (preferably)
- Have strong team leadership, communication and influencing skills to convince people your ideas are awesome
- Have online tech and/or insurance industry experience; desirable but not essential
- Have global financial experience and awareness
- Love travel, every single bit of it
- Work effectively to achieve goals, targets and results, set challenging goals for self, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Have exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed
- Will be flexible: the work hours are 8:30am-5:30pm but some later or earlier hours will be required to accommodate team calls with colleagues based overseas
- Enjoy being a proactive self-starter with a desire to learn, innovative inquisitive mindset & ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Can work in a fluid, test and learn, entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Are an all-round fun, engaging, respectful, worldly travelling human being.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with your resume and be sure to tell us a story about your travels.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
World Nomads Group are an equal opportunities employer
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend