Job no: 494458
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Marketing & Communications
World Nomads Group are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experience, to encourage everyone to travel smarter, travel safer, we take care of the what if’s so our customers can focus on the fun.
We are a subsidiary of nib, one of Australia's fastest growing health insurers, and a leading online travel insurance business. As we develop markets globally, we are looking to build teams with high concentrations of talent. Customer Experience is a key area in which we actively seek to make a more meaningful and deeper connection with our customers. At World Nomads Group, we take Customer Satisfaction and Resolution very seriously, continuously improving our ability to help our customers get the best out of their travels.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the editorial team to plan, edit, commission and publish original editorial content for WorldNomads.com, ensuring a diversity of written and photographic content formats aligning with the World Nomads core values.
- Managing the required licensing and curating of third party content (including partner content) aimed at supporting content objectives, ensuring a premium editorial product continually looking to improve format within brand guidelines.
- Leading growth and development of all WN content verticals/mastheads, driving editorial innovation to continually drive curiosity from WN travellers.
- Mentoring and inspiring a global team of Editorial Producers to continually innovate in content creation and storytelling.
- Build a rich database of global contributors to continually enrich World Nomads content through diverse perspectives from diverse people, places and cultures.
- Working with Head of Content and Licensing to lead editorial distribution off platform with publishers, partners and social media platforms, monitoring and optimising editorial performance around changing viewer interests and needs
- Supporting the development and management of an influencer strategy that aims to create a network who can be leveraged for brand, editorial, campaign and program promotion.
Here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely:
- Love travel - every single bit of it – exploring the world, understanding diverse cultures, wildlife, environments - and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Significant experience in writing, commissioning and/or editing content in an online, broadcast, newsroom and/or PR environment.
- Contemporary high-level experience in online and digital content production, with experience using Content Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms with an active presence on a variety of social networks.
- Exposure to managing content initiatives and projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Superb grasp of the English language and an ability to write and rework text quickly and professionally.
- Strong creative writing and sub-editing skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest trends in the interactive industry.
- Enjoy working in an environment where any crazy-ass ideas to support travellers being World Nomads will be heard.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly, occasionally break-dancing or vinyasa-flowing or crochet-knitting type of travelling human being.
What we can offer you
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Flexibility around your start and finish times, depending on whether you're an early bird, like the normal 9-5, or prefer to sleep in a little later!
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
- A lovely office located in the Sydney CBD, close to public transport, tons of restaurants, supermarkets and shops
- Wellness activities like meditation and mindfulness, and a well-stocked kitchen full to the brim with fresh fruit, fancy teas and Nespresso coffee, not to mention Friday drinks.
If this sounds like your dream job, drop us your portfolio link with some examples of your work and/or CV and tell us a story about your travels.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend