UI Designer - Mid-Level
Job no: 494455
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Marketing & Communications
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver a brand experience that brings to life the core values of WorldNomads.com.
- Visualise concepts, create template layouts and detailed /polished visual UI for our websites.
- Create inspiring and challenging conceptual ideas that work across all marketing channels, and manage delivery of these assets.
- Although UI will very much be the main focus of your role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the UX team and business stakeholders to solve design challenges.
- Work with our Head of Design on ongoing development of brand guidelines, setting a clear framework for the voice, tone, UI style, language and art-direction.
- Follow our brand development roadmap to continue our goal of moving from a Travel Insurance to Travel Lifestyle brand
Who you will work with
- Work within a small but dedicated creative and development team and champion Agile processes. You’ll be cool to take guidance from our Head of Design.
- Collaborate with the content & marketing teams on creative and visual campaigns from ideation through to asset delivery.
- Collaborate with the tech team to deliver web projects, with clear understanding of visual and technical constraints.
Here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely have:
- Mid-Level experience in UI Design. You have a few years of experience under your belt, yet you’re not looking to be the leader of the team – at least, not yet!
- Excellent level of conceptual and strategic thinking in the creation and evaluation of all visual design.
- High level of experience in branding and mobile UI design
- High level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch, and collaboration tools like InvisionApp is desirable.
- Experience working within brand guidelines and pattern libraries
- Experience in defining and documenting visual design requirements
- Experience in presenting creative concepts and campaigns
- Aware of or understanding of technical constraints and CSS
- Awareness of emerging technology and usability research
- A love of travel - every single bit of it – exploring the world, understanding diverse cultures, wildlife, environments and people - and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly, occasionally break-dancing or vinyasa-flowing or crochet-knitting type of travelling human being.
What we can offer you
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Flexibility around your start and finish times, depending on whether you're an early bird, like the normal 9-5, or prefer to sleep in a little later!
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
- A lovely office located in World Square, close to public transport, tons of restaurants, supermarkets and shops
- Wellness activities like meditation and mindfulness, and a well-stocked kitchen full to the brim with fresh fruit, fancy teas and Nespresso coffee, not to mention Friday drinks.
If this sounds like your dream job, drop us your portfolio link with some examples of your work and/or CV and tell us a story about your travels.
World Nomads Group is an is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend