GM Europe - Cork, Ireland
Job no: 494408
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Who are we?
World Nomads Group (WNG), a subsidiary of nib Holdings, is a specialist travel insurance business with a head office in Sydney, Australia and local offices in the Europe and the US. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance, but we pride ourselves on being very unconventional. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
What we are looking for... is it you?
Weâ€™re on the lookout for an amazing GM of Europe who will be based in our new Cork office. They will be responsible for driving the success of WNGâ€™s European business through developing and managing the commercial performance of our international brands and B2B partnerships.
What youâ€™ll be doing:
Your work will revolve around the following areas: Distribution Strategy Development, Product Development, Experience Development, Pricing Management, Channel, Branding and Promotional Strategies, Underwriter Stakeholder Management and Team Leadership & Development.
A bit more about these¦
- Distribution Strategy Development
- Develop strategies to secure profitable increases within the European market
- Create frameworks to successfully monitor and report on execution against strategies, ensuring key outcomes and commercial and financial KPIâ€™s are met
- Product Development
- Oversee the product development process by ensuring product, brands and partners are delivering as desired
- Experience Development
- Drive the improvement of the customer experience through initiatives to increase conversion rates and leverage customer bases
- Drive the improvement of consumer experiences through product improvements, service enhancements and technology developments
- Pricing Management
- Develop pricing strategies that maximise yield and drive towards target loss ratios
- Channel, Branding and Promotional Strategies
- Develop various strategies to drive brand awareness, grow our share of the agency, B2B and direct to consumer channels
- Underwriter Stakeholder Management
- Manage, develop and maintain capital partner relationships
- Manage financial and actuarial reporting
- Overseeing stakeholder management within the industry, regulators and advisors.
- Team Leadership & Development
- Develop a highly skilled, multi-talented team in Ireland to execute on agreed quarterly activities whilst maintaining a cutting-edge approach to marketing strategy and execution
- Drive sales team performance and effectiveness through coaching, guidance and management
Hereâ€™s a checklist to help you work out if this role is right for youâ€¦
You most definitely:
- Love travel â€“ every single bit of it - and feel passionately about how it changes peopleâ€™s lives
- Work effectively to achieve goals, targets and results, set challenging goals for self, prioritize tasks, overcome obstacles, and accept accountability.
- Have exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed
- Will be flexible â€“ work hours are 8:30am-5:30pm but some later hours will be required to accommodate team calls with colleagues based overseas
- Have experience working in a General Management role, ideally from within an online tech or online travel environment
- Enjoy working in an environment where any crazy ideas to support travellers will be heard
- Can work in a fluid, test and learn, entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Have strong communication skills to convince people your ideas are awesome
- Are an all-round fun, engaging, respectful, worldly travelling human being.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with your resume and be sure to tell us a story about your travels.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
World Nomads Group are an equal opportunities employer
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend