Compliance Officer - Cork, Ireland
Job no: 493270
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Newcastle & Hunter Region
Categories: Legal/Risk & Compliance
Who are we?
World Nomads Group (WNG), a subsidiary of nib Holdings, is a specialist travel insurance business with a head office in Sydney, Australia and local offices in the Europe and the US. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance … but we don't wear blue suits or ties. We are passionate about helping our customers get the most out of their travel experiences and enabling people to travel and explore the world with confidence.
What’s we’re looking for
We are expanding our European operations at a rapid pace, so we’re on the hunt for a Cork-based Compliance Officer to monitor and implement the corporate compliance plan framework and to continually promote a culture of compliance. You’ll provide support for the Brand and be a SME (subject matter expert) in the product. Reporting to the Head of Operations and Compliance also based in Cork, you will be part of a worldwide Compliance team.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and develop local compliance and business processes and procedures to meet industry best practice standards and ensure legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
- Design, implement and facilitate compliance and product training for local jurisdiction to staff. You’ll be comfortable sharing your knowledge on all things compliance to our operational teams.
- Maintain compliance and risk registers for your jurisdictions.
- Management of incidences and breaches including any regulatory reporting required
- Develop resources on policies, procedures and systems relevant to product and compliance management
- Identify and manage notification of affiliates and partners
- Conduct compliance reviews on partner website content, marketing and promotional material
- Management of licencing and applicable membership renewals
- Ongoing maintenance of compliance registers, forms and documents as required
- Engaging daily with business managers and operational staff to promote and embed the compliance culture
- Acting in collaboration with business units to support and solve regulatory matters, carrying out internal audits as required.
- Provide technical and product support on the local travel insurance product issued
- Provide second level support for any customer queries received by email or telephone
- Conduct website and product testing, although don’t worry – we’ll provide you with training for this.
- Be the subject matter expert for the travel insurance product within your local jurisdiction.
If you’re likely to consider the Compliance Officer role with WNG and nib, here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely:
- Love travel - every single bit of it – and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Have previous experience in compliance or quality within financial services, preferably within insurance. This might be in a compliance or quality role, or within a customer service role within financial services in a team leader capacity. Or, perhaps you are a recent graduate with a relevant degree and some experience in compliance or quality.
- You’ll have had experience implementing policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements for compliance within the general insurance environment.
- Ideally have experience with AML and Lloyd’s market requirements.
- Possess the ability to interpret regulatory obligations.
- Are a confident communicator at all levels of the organisation, including executive-level.
- Are cool with a start-up feel, and not precious about getting hands-on. You’ll be part of a small but growing team, with big plans over the next few years.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have high attention to detail, stellar organisational skills and the ability to forward plan.
- Are okay with occasional calls to Sydney at the start or end of your day. Don’t worry, we offer flexible working practices, and we’ll find a time that works for all.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, respectful, worldly, occasionally break-dancing or vinyasa-flowing or crochet-knitting type of travelling human being.
If this sounds like your dream job, drop us your CV and tell us a story about your travels.
Please note that some questions will only be relevant to Australian candidates, so just click through or enter a default answer to progress your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend