Head of Marketing Europe - WorldNomads.com
Job no: 493075
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Marketing & Communications
This is an Ireland-based role for our Aussie company. We believe travel is exciting and inspiring, but more than that, it can open minds and change lives. We are in the business of travel insurance … but we pride ourselves on being unconventional.
We’re on the lookout for a stellar Head of Marketing Europe for WorldNomads.com based in Cork, Ireland to oversee all our product, operations and marketing activities throughout the UK and Europe.
Your days will revolve around brand marketing and channel management, new business development and operations management.
A bit more about those…
Brand marketing & channel management
- Develop plans/products, pricing and promotion that serve the target market
- Manage all localised UK & Europe marketing activities against allocated budgets
- Manage a small marketing team to develop and deliver integrated marketing & advertising campaigns for UK & Europe, as well as supporting global campaigns in the region (including search marketing, lead gen, content strategy, database and email campaigns)
- Manage internal and external stakeholders for campaign development, creative, sign-off and implementation
- Work with our UK-based Affiliate partnerships team to support growth in this channel
- Strategic partnership development with top marketing partners and industry associations for UK & Europe
- Identify relevant NGOs and groups in UK & Europe that may be suitable for Footprints project
New business development
- Relationship development and management with insurance partners in UK & Europe
- New market development in identified target markets in Europe including capital provider relationship development, opportunity assessment, product planning
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the travel market place and competitor activity
- Secure and maintain individual and business entity licensing and appointments in all UK & European jurisdictions through continuing education and license renewal requirements
- Secure and maintain individual licenses in defined UK & European countries as agreed with GM World Nomads through initial coursework, exams and subsequent CE and license renewal requirements
- Support HQ in all UK & European tax, accounting and banking needs and relationships as needed and directed by the CFO
- Ensure insurer customer service and claims experience are meeting agreed SLA’s
- Support technology and performance teams through localised testing to ensure site speed, functionality and purchase path optimisation
- Support performance teams by arranging all required translation for Europe sales related content
- Business development and underwriter relationship management
Here’s a checklist to help you work out if the role is right for you…
You most definitely:
- Love travel – every single bit of it – exploring the world, understanding diverse cultures, wildlife, environments – and feel passionately about how it changes people’s lives
- The World Nomads brand voice, brand pillars, company values and humour
- Results - works effectively to achieve goals, targets and results, sets challenging goals for self, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, and accepts accountability. Ability to execute on a plan with constrained resources.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and keep stakeholders informed.
- Flexibility – Work hours are 8:30-5:30, but some later hours will be required to accommodate team calls with the teams in Sydney, UK and USA
- Have experience working in a General Management marketing role preferably in a start-up environment that has matured over time
- Can work in a fluid, test and learn, entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Have experience managing agencies – media, creative – and multi-channel campaigns
- Have strong communication skills to convince people your ideas are awesome and stakeholder management experience
- Enjoy working in an environment where any crazy-ass ideas to support travellers being World Nomads will be heard
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, and worldly type of travelling human being
If this sounds like your dream job, apply with your resume and be sure to include either a link to a one minute clip or a cover letter letting us know why you see yourself as a 'World Nomad'.
Who are we?
World Nomads assists independent and adventurous travellers to get the most from their travel experiences and explore their boundaries.
We help you stay safe on the road with global travel insurance and the latest travel safety tips, plan your trip with insider destination guides and recommendations from other nomads, explore your passion for storytelling on a travel scholarship and give back to the places you love through our Footprints charity program.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend