Podcast Producer - Freelancer
Job no: 493073
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Marketing & Communications
This position being offered on a 3-month rolling contract is to deliver a premium bi-monthly podcast in line with our brand values, that entertains and inspires travellers who value experiences and adventure as an essential part of life.
The producer is required to work in conjunction with, and under the direction of, the Head of PR and Media Communications in his capacity as the Executive Producer of podcasts.
The candidate will also be required to provide other editorial assistance to the Head of PR and Media Communications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching and scripting of show content - identify topics in alignment with the brand editorial calendar and publishing schedule. Research subject matter and produce background/briefing notes and podcast scripts – including intro, editorial and suggested questions.
- Interview subject sourcing and management - as part of the research, liaise with stakeholders in the business to identify and source appropriate interview subjects. Conduct “pre-interviews” to collect material for host briefing notes and podcast scripts.
- Show notes creation and publication
- Audio editing.
- Podcast distribution
Assistant to the Head of PR & Media Communications.
- Research, and create original content, or curate existing content to leverage as Earned Media.
- Build and maintain a global database of reporters, writers, editors, bloggers and influencers in the travel and lifestyle, adventure, insurance and travel safety industries.
- Liaise with those contacts to negotiate placement of content in targeted media.
Here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely have:
- A background as a journalist, news reporter or have worked in a broadcast environment in a production capacity.
- You will have an understanding of the news cycle and news gathering techniques. Ideally this means you have a few years’ experience in radio, or TV program making.
- Experience in producing and distributing podcasts will be highly regarded.
- An understanding of the digital publishing environment and a good grasp of SEO.
- Experience in social media or community management will also be highly regarded.
- Love travel - every single bit of it – exploring the world, understanding diverse cultures, wildlife, environments - and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Are confident at writing, researching, collaborating with contributors, audio editing and know your way around Adobe Audition, Pro Tools or similar.
- Enjoy working in an environment where any crazy-ass ideas to support travellers being World Nomads will be heard.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of travel and lifestyle podcast formats
- Have strong research and communication skills, to research, source and produce amazing podcast stories.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly, occasionally break-dancing type of travelling human being.
You most definitely are not;
- Turned off by the fact that we actually sell travel insurance and love it.
- Put on this earth to do evil (the maniacal laugh will give it away).
- Of the view that travel can be "icky" and prefer to stay in the all-inclusive pool, yelling at people who don't speak your language and complaining the sauce at McDonalds in Phuket tastes different from…you know what we mean.
- Happy to sit back and wait to be told what to do, how to do it, how to think, how not to push the boundaries (because that would just suck!)
- Offended by gregarious colleagues, passionate debates, random acts of awesome and occasional course language.
If this sounds like your dream job, drop us your portfolio link and/or CV and tell us a story.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend