Full Stack Developer
Job no: 493049
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Information Technology
About World Nomads Group
At World Nomads Group, we love to travel, and we're here to help our customers every step of the way on their adventures away from home. As part of the nib group, we operate and run some of the biggest brands in travel insurance and services, catering to a whole range of travellers, both young and old. We love to travel, and we're there to help our customers every step of the way on their adventures away from home, working together to create amazing experiences for our customers.
We’re looking for a solid Full-Stack Developer who is just as comfortable working with the new tech as he/she is liaising with other areas of the business to help evolve our current technology platform. Someone who is technically strong but also able to articulate themselves to both technical and non-technical people.
The role involves working with an agile team of BA’s, architects and developers to meet business needs by delivering robust and secure software.
Our mission statement as a technical team is: To inspire safe and confident travel around the world by empowering our business with exceptional and innovative technology solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience across the board, preferably with a strong depth of knowledge in .net MVC, C#, or similar.
- Competency at developing, testing, debugging and optimising large scale, complex applications using modern deployment and monitoring tools
- Experience in test-driven practices, unit testing and mocking frameworks – and applying those principles to large complex codebases.
- You are a stickler for development best practices, maintainability, performance and product quality.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-functional, Agile environment
- You are thought of as reliable and a great team player
- You aren’t scared to make mistakes but take pride in always trying your best
You’ll stand out if you have:
- Commercial experience with cloud based micro services on platforms such as AWS or Azure.
What we can offer:
- You will have opportunities to help solve challenges that impact a global audience
- You will have a safe place to learn and challenge yourself
- You will be actively supported in your career development
- You will have annual pay reviews, a bonus structure and training budget
- You will be eligible for nib employee benefits
To make sure you stand out from the masses, we’d like to see an example of your work:
- Commit a solution you’re particularly proud of to Github
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request our coding exercise
There’s no time limit or deadlines. Create something you’re proud of, push it to Github and then include it with your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend