Database Marketing Manager
Job no: 493027
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Marketing & Communications
You’ll be the master of managing and developing database marketing activities and roadmap for WorldNomads.com. Our Database Marketing Manager will work with the Head of Community to develop a commercially-focused database marketing strategy and to help develop foundation for a successful group CRM strategy.
You will work with the Head of Community to develop and present a database marketing strategy that focusses on key target audiences for ‘profitable’ subscriber acquisition. You’ll engage in activities to convert subscribers into customers and increase customer retention and loyalty, while growing our subscriber base. You’ll drive a detailed roadmap to deliver on activity in order to meet sales and profit expectations.
Our successful candidate will be focused on database mining and insight, specifically using customer behaviour and prior campaign results and insights to develop best practice process and create targeted customer lists. You’ll be involved in creative development, segmentation, personalisation and testing. You’ll bring a bag of tricks with you for engaging current and prospective program and campaign applications (gear deals, external learning opportunities, email campaigns, etc.)
As for email marketing, you’ll provide insight into optimising email communications to maximise value of channel and support product/service awareness initiatives. You will utilise A/B testing and control groups to increase and measure communication and performance. You will also develop and deliver a best practice Omni channel communications program.
If you're likely to consider the role of Database Marketing Manager at World Nomads, here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely:
- Love travel – every single bit of it – and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Have at least 4-5 years experience in email and/or database marketing
- Can impress with 1-2 years’ hands-on experience with any email CRM and Marketing Automation tools
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of HTML principles and ability to edit code
- Are obsessed with email marketing best practices and love of creating testing strategies and analysing data
- Have a strong understanding of global anti-spam laws, because, no one likes a spammer!
- Want to spend the bulk of your day segmenting, personalising, creating and testing kick-ass email campaigns and strategies that drive deeper insight into our travel community and support our commercial objectives.
- Enjoy working in an environment where any crazy ideas to support travellers being World Nomads will be heard.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly, occasionally break dancing type of travelling human being.
You most definitely are not;
- Turned off by the fact that we actually sell travel insurance and love it.
- Put on this earth to do evil (the maniacal laugh will give it away).
- Of the view that travel can be "icky" and prefer to stay in the all-inclusive pool, yelling at people who don't speak your language and complaining the sauce at McDonalds in Phuket tastes different from…you know what we mean.
- Happy to sit back and wait to be told what to do, how to do it, how to think, how not to push the boundaries in marketing (because that would just suck!).
- Offended by gregarious colleagues, passionate debates, random acts of awesome.
If this sounds like your type of job, then why not drop us your CV and tell us a story.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend