We are expanding our EMEA operations at a rapid pace, so we’re on the hunt for a UK-based Business Development Executive / Digital Account Executive to nurture our thousands of partners around the region. The role reports to our Head of Partnerships who is Birmingham-based.
Your mission is to drive the growth of travel insurance sales through our affiliate partner channels and in addition develop new business partnerships in the adventure and independent online travel space.
This is not your typical BDE role. Your key responsibilities will be around account management (80%), new business development (20%) and market & sales intelligence. Your time will be spent working with thousands of partners, largely through Salesforce and our own Admin systems. Reviewing client websites to help them get a better understanding of content placement and integration to maximise their revenue earnings is a key function of your role.
You will identify, evaluate and close new partnership opportunities for World Nomads across the region. You should be across the travel insurance market place and competitor activity across the region, and be competent in global market knowledge. You will work with our sales colleagues to develop programs for partnership acquisition and distribution of new products through partner channels. As an account manager, you will work alongside our partners to build commercial opportunities and develop partners as a distribution channel for World Nomads marketing and product initiatives.
If you're likely to consider the role, here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you.
You most definitely:
- Are tech savvy / competent – that’s really important in this role. You should be totally comfortable working with web-based services, APIs and URL & link management. This will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Will have previous business development and account management (B2B) experience
- Have an understanding of the global travel industry and travel distribution technology, we can help train you up on this.
- Are a passionate people person, you should have well-developed interpersonal and networking skills and enjoy building relationships.
- Are able to attend domestic and international conferences and network at afterhours events, being an incredibly sociable individual.
- You are results-oriented and love making sales.
- Ideally, you’ll have a tech qualification or relevant experience.
- Love to travel and feel strongly about how it changes people's lives.
Location: Home-based working along with frequent interaction with our Birmingham-based Head of Partnerships.
Start: As soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate!
To apply: Note that you’ll be directed to our Australian application page, so some questions won’t apply to you but you'll have to pick any option to keep clicking through the application.