Job no: 492789
Work type: Full-time
Location: NSW - Sydney CBD
Categories: Information Technology
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a BI Manager to join our tribe at World Nomads Group. As a key member of WNG's Delivery Team, the remit of this role is to lead the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse function and work closely with business leaders and stakeholders, including those in the wider nib Group.
Primarily, this role will drive the delivery of analytics and insights for the business, ensure the maintenance of new and existing assets and manage the Data Warehouse and presentation layers to support the business more broadly.
This role provides technical leadership that is cognisant of the commercial aspects of the business and is responsible for establishing and leading a customer and end user oriented organisation with an adaptive and continuous improvement culture and mindset.
The role will lead of a team of 4 technologists (operating within an AGILE environment) and includes responsibility for all reporting and analytics delivery and projects covering:
- Data Warehouse, Reporting and analytics Architecture
- Identifying and integrating new data sources to assist in decision making
- Delivery of analytics projects in line with business requirements and BI strategy
- Managing vendor relationships and establishing new strategic partnerships including the wider nib Group
- Ensuring platforms and information is available, secure, and performs to meet SLAs
- Ensuring all data and systems are secure and compliant with industry and partner requirements
- Assist in developing the annual technology operating plan and budget
- Developing and delivering a multi-year strategic technology capital investment program
If you're likely to consider the Head of Business Intelligence role at World Nomads Group, here's a check-list to help you work out if the role is right for you:
You most definitely:
- Love travel – every single bit of it – and feel passionately about how it changes people's lives.
- Can demonstrate significant analytics and data warehouse experience at a senior level
- Have experience inspiring and mentoring a team; not only that, you genuinely care about people.
- Have a relevant degree qualification in a related discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
- Are totally across current BI and data warehousing tools. You should be futuristic. We'd love you to tell us what we've not thought of yet!
- Be able to demonstrate project management skills and experience
- Are savvy with your financial acumen and have the ability to manage within budgetary guidelines
- Have the ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships, both internal and external
- Enjoy working in an environment where any weird and wonderful ideas to support travellers will be heard.
- Are a pretty all round terrific, fun, engaging, respectful, worldly type of travelling human being.
What we can offer you:
- A leadership role in a tech-centric company - and YOU could lead us in our next chapter.
- A career path with a genuine focus on your personal development
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Free travel insurance for your next trip away
- Discounted health insurance through nib health funds
- Wear your jeans and purple hair to work
- A well-stocked kitchen with delicious Nespresso coffee, fancy teas and fresh fruit days.
- A friendly, supportive working environment led by travel-obsessed leaders!
If this sounds like your dream job, then why not drop us your CV and tell us a story.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend